1797 Half Cent Plain Edge F15 PCGS
1 in stock
The 1797 Half Cent Plain Edge F15 PCGS is a well-preserved example of a classic American coin. It is graded Fine 15 (F15) using ANA standards, meaning that it has moderate wear and tear but is still in overall good condition. The coin is certified by PCGS, one of the most respected coin grading companies in the world.
The obverse of the coin features a bust of Liberty facing left, with her hair tied in a bun and wearing a diadem. The reverse of the coin features a draped shield with the words “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” above and “HALF CENT” below.
The 1797 Half Cent is a popular coin among collectors due to its classic design and historical significance. It is a great addition to any collection of US coins.
- Year: 1797
- Denomination: Half Cent
- Grade: Fine 15 (F15)
- Certification: PCGS
- Mint Mark: None
- Composition: Copper
- Diameter: 22.5 mm
- Weight: 2.5 grams
- The 1797 Half Cent is the third year of issue for the Liberty Cap type.
- The coin was produced in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The total mintage for the 1797 Half Cent was 1,136,700 coins.
- High grade examples of the 1797 Half Cent are scarce, but obtainable.
- The 1797 Half Cent is a popular coin among collectors due to its classic design and historical significance. It is a great addition to any collection of US coins.
PCGS is one of the most respected and trusted coin grading companies in the world. Their certification process is rigorous and ensures that the coins they grade are genuine and of the quality they claim to be.
When you purchase a PCGS certified coin, you can be confident that you are getting a coin that is authentic and of the highest quality.